Friday 22 June 2012

Peanut Butter 'Cookie Dough' Balls

There are two things you must know about me. Well, amongst others.
1. I have a strong suspicion that the peanut butter i eat has started running through my veins
2. I like dried fruit even more than real fruit

So what other way than to start off my first post with these. If i were a cookie in my former life, I would have been these. No doubt.

I know that the trend recently is to use dates in everything, from cookies to granola bars. I have never ever set my eyes upon a real-like larabar, but i could imagine. I have seen recipe after recipe using blitzed up dates.

You see, I don't have dates here. Not unless you are willing to spend $20 on a 50g bag (I may love dried fruit, but not that much).

It is possible to use raisins instead, but I was afraid of failure, of dissapointment, and that my rusty old food processor will give it's final choke if i stuffed it with raisins and nuts to creamy-fy.

Until.
Until:

Third random-fact-about-Me: I spend possibly 4/5th of my awake-time on Pinterest. And now it has paid off.

The original recipe is from Chocolate Covered Katie, and I was sold. Peanut butter? Raisins? Roasted peanuts? No ingredient-I-would-have-to-ride-my-bicycle-under-the-hot-equatorial-sun-to-the-market-to-obtain?

Alright. I was willing to put my food processor's life on the line here.

Katie has an endless list of date-based bars and cookies. And this was the one I saw that used raisins in the initial recipe. My chance of failure was 50% less.

I didn't change much of her recipe. Not at all, in fact. I did not want to go horribly wrong and end up with raisin-peanut mush.

I did not. I ended up with this:


Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls:
Makes: 12 'cookies'
From: Chocolate Covered Katie

1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp raisins
Dash of salt
2 tbsp roasted, unsalted peanuts
1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract

Place all ingredients into a food processor and combine until smooth. You can make little cookie like I did, or even granola-bar-esque shapes.

Katie says it is sugar-free and gluten-free.

It's also leftover free, that's for sure.

Now I have something to pack in teensy little lunch-boxes just to give me a reason to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment